Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our beautiful baby girl... Laila JeanneLi

We are thrilled beyond belief to introduce to you our beautiful little girl waiting for us in Xinyang, Henan, China. I received the call at work on Monday, Feb. 23, Sarah from our agency said, "I have a beautiful little girl who needs a mommy and daddy, I was wondering if you and Scott might be her mommy and daddy." Thru the tears I said we might be and asked for more information. She told me Luo Min Li was 1 on Feb. 12th and has an unrepaired bilateral cleft lip and unrepaired cleft palate. She loves to look at her reflection in the mirror and also loves to go outside. She is beautiful, perfect and OURS!!!!! We sent all her infomation to our pediatrician and in a few hours he called us back and said what we already knew, she's beautiful, perfect and OURS!!! We sent in our LOI (Letter of Intent) on Feb. 25th and today we received our pre-approval from the CCAA to adopt our daughter, Laila JeanneLi Van Gieson. We hope to travel in May and will get her repaired here. Enjoy the pictures and please feel free to leave a comment, we will be turning this blog into a book for Laila and would love for her to see all of your messages.
And our favorite picture. She has a beautiful smile and such life in her eyes!!!!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Life is GOOOOOOOOD!
We are so very, very EXCITED for you all!
Hugs the size of Texas from us here in New York!

Denise Grover Swank said...

I am so very happy for you!!! Congrats! She's absolutely beautiful!

Stacy and Jon said...

Laila is a beauty! I wonder how big (or little) she is under all those layers! Congratulations, Mommy and Daddy. Let's schedule that playdate when you get back...

Unknown said...

Wow, congratulations!!
She is such a beauty.
I hope May comes fast for you.

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna and Scott

So very happy for you both. Now May can't come fast enough, huh? Please keep us all updated. I can say one thing: you will love being a mommy and daddy. I know I do-the daddy part.

Mike Hansen-the chaplain

Kris said...

Congrats she is beautiful, look at those eyes!! We are dancing to Mama Mia in China for you!

Anna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet the newest member of our family in July! Safe travels to you both and keep us posted on your beautiful baby girl!
xoxo

AmyK said...

What a sweet little pumpkin! Congratulations ahd here's to speedy travel.

Sincerely,
Amy Beaver
CCAI WCP

Katie said...

She's gorgeous! A big congratulations on that new little girl who will be joining your family soon! Take a TON of pictures! I promise you will miss her wide smile when it's gone (and I speak from experience here).

Melinda said...

She is beautiful! I am so happy for you and can't wait to follow your journey to your precious baby girl!

kitchu said...

she is a DOLL!!!! love her smile, congratulations you guys!!!

Karmen and Greg said...

I just cried tears of joy for you when I saw your posting ... I am so very happy for you! That little picture of her smiling says it all ... you are right, she is beautiful inside and out. I can't wait to follow your journey to meet your daughter. I know the next few months will be LONG until you get there -- but now you know who the wait was for. Be blessed my friend! (I guess you already are!)

Nicole said...

So very happy for you!!! I love her eyes... how can you not fall in love with such a sweetie!!! Congrats... hope the rest of the "A"s come quickly!!!!

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! Your baby girl is absolutely beautiful!! I love that smile in the last pic!

Jami said...

The end is finally in sight!!!!! This is so beyond amazing! I am so happy for you both! I can't wait to meet her!
Jami

Donna said...

Joanna, I am beyond happy, thrilled, excited for you. She is totally cute, love the smile and those adorable eyes. And so young!! Hugs to you my not-so-secret pal anymore!

Samba said...

You're right she is ADORABLE. Thank you for sharing! Here is to a short wait to travel.

dawn in sac
www.talesfromthebigtomato.blogspot.com

margaretg said...

Congratulations on the referral of your BEAUTIFUL baby girl. We are so happy for you and can't wait until you get to travel. You are blessed!
Margaret & Michael

Ash said...

Laila, you are beautiful little girl and your mommy and daddy are truly blessed by you. I can not wait to follow your journey home!
your friend,
ash
p.s.{I love your leg warmers! so 80's girl! LOL!..}

Mary said...

OH, MY, GOSH!!! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Whooo-hooo!!!
Come on LOA and TA!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Best wishes on your journey... she looks like she is dressed for a snowstorm!! Can't wait to see the pictures when she is in the USA!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for SIX Months!

Jaime said...

Joanna, she is just beautiful. What a true blessing!

Kate said...

She is truly beautiful. I can't wait till my niece is finally here. I'm really not good at waiting.